Thank you for taking the time to visit my web site. My name is Tamara Tsaturyan and I am a freelance Armenian translator based in Boston, USA.
I have spent a number of years working as a translator and interpreter for companies operating in aviation, export, banking and finance. My knowledge of the commercial sector, and how it operates within Armenia, allows me to provide linguistic solutions backed up by sound business experience. I am now able to offer written translation services via the internet to clients throughout the world.
Armenian is my native language, but I am also fluent in Russian and English and have some knowledge of Arabic. I hold a first class degree in International Relations and MBA in finance and have travelled widely throughout Europe in order to gain a greater understanding of foreign cultures, so important when working in such a global industry.
Please find below a copy of my resume and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Resume / Curriculum Vitae
A dedicated freelance translator, offering linguistic solutions and support for both Armenian and Russian languages. I am a native speaker of both Armenian and Russian with a strong command of English and consider myself to be highly motivated with a solid reputation for quality and accuracy from a growing client base.
I wish to use my qualifications and knowledge in a productive and rewarding way as a freelance translator to become a recognized partner, and a valuable resource, for translation agencies. I aim to build on previous experience to further enhance the quality of the services that I offer, and to continue my career within the translation industry.
2004 – present day Freelance translator/interpreter
- Actively involved in major translation projects for translation agencies in Great Britain and the USA.
- Translation projects involve both written translations of mainly legal and financial documents and interpreting at the client’s premises.
- Running day-to-day translation activities, meeting tight deadlines and ensuring the timely delivery of quality translations to a growing client base.
- Creating, maintaining and managing project-specific terminology using major Translation Memory tools.
- Providing on-call support to ensure clear communication, timely updates and client satisfaction.
07/2009-02/2010 International Marketing Officer London School of Commerce – London, UK
- Consulted international students on different types of UK visas.
- Performed various marketing activities to promote the courses offered by the college.
- Represented the college in Armenia, counseled both Armenian and local students on available programs.
- Maintained student database on newly registered students, their progress reports, etc.
- Was involved in school registration and audit procedures.
02/2006 – 10/2008 Senior Marketing Specialist, Human Resources Administrator “Armenian Card” CJSC – Yerevan, Armenia
- Participated in development of the Company’s Business plan.
- Managed various projects with international payment systems such as MasterCard and Visa.
- Was responsible for everyday correspondence and phone contacts with foreign customers and translating all office documents, being responsible for translation of the Company’s agreements, policies and procedures.
- Studied documents, reports and mandatory procedures of international payment and audit companies such as MasterCard, Visa, KPMG and made Company’s documents and procedures compliant with their requirements.
- Was responsible for updates in marketing section of the company’s website.
- Dealt with inquiries of member banks on new MasterCard and Visa regulations and procedures.
- Participated in Board Meetings, drafted minutes and resolutions.
- Maintained all staff personnel records, recruitment files and policy instructions, ensuring complete, accurate and timely filing. Briefing/orienting staff on personnel regulations, entitlements and new policies.
- Accurately dealt with sensitive and confidential information such as cardholder and banking secret data.
- Worked quickly to a high level of accuracy.
10/2004 – 03/2005 Administrative Assistant “Aircompany Veteran” ltd – Yerevan, Armenia
- Successfully handled the administrative needs of senior managers.
- Researched, developed and tested a new database for the organisation.
- Carried out routine processing of different project-related official correspondence.
- Strengthened spoken and written communication skills for business.
- Quickly mastered and used complex administrative systems.
10/2008 – 02/2010 MBA Finance University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, London, Great Britain
09/2000 – 05/2004 BA International Relations Yerevan State University, Yerevan, Armenia
Languages: English (fluent), Armenian (native), Russian (native), Arabic (basic)
IT: Competent in Microsoft Office and CAT tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Reader, Photoshop, Trados SDL. Regularly used for academic and work projects.